Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy World Breastfeeding Week!

The World Breastfeeding Week (WBW) is the greatest outreach vehicle for the breastfeeding movement, being celebrated in over 120 countries. Officially it is celebrated from 1-7 August. (click for link)


The World Health Organization and UNICEF recommend you exclusively nurse your baby until age 6 months of age, and then nurse until age 2 years old or beyond.

SwedeGirl learned early how to properly nurture a baby, pehaps by tagging along with midwife mom to all those postpartum home visits in her early childhood! This series of pictures caught her at age 2 and 2 months holding her little 2 month old baby friend. Then spontanously doing what any good mother does with a baby!

She's a natural, huh?

2 comments:

SWEDISH HOUSE said...

HELLO Hej Hi

Thank you soo much for welcoming us to Sweden and I have just figured out how to comment you back. Email me at jkingsmanwilson@aol.com IF you would like to.

I loovee this post, and it has resonance with me as I BF all my 3 children and I trained to be a midwife too. The post about the Hedgehog's is fascinating also; and what brill idea from THE FARM...Ina May Gaskin. I feel that we have a lot in common Swedelife

Liquid Pen said...

That is just priceless! And to see her so little agian...it warms my heart!